Clubs - Before and After School
Before / After-School Clubs 2023/24
A to Z of Clubs
- Basketball Club - This club provides children with a platform to practise their dribbling, passing and shooting skills. It is also an excellent opportunity for children to keep fit and develop their fitness, as well as earning a place in the St. Michael's basketball team!
- Breakfast Club - Daily club open to all pupils. Children should simply arrive at school from 8:00am to 8:20am to receive a free, nutritious breakfast, as well as partaking in arts, crafts and board games.
- Cycling Club - We have more than 15 BMX bikes and helmets, enabling pupils to cycle supervised around the school grounds, and learn the basics of bicycle maintenance.
- Dodgeball Club - This club teaches pupils the key skills of the popular sport - Dodgeball. This is a team game in which players must dodge or catch balls thrown by the opposition whilst attempting to strike their opponents in the same way.
- Faith Council - Our ‘Faith Council’ is made up of one child from each year group and is led by Mrs V. Devi. We hold weekly Faith Council meetings where we discuss our activities and plan for future projects. We believe in having a powerful pupils' voice and strongly encourage the children to think of their own ideas and how to promote our school values and vision. Members of the team represent their peers in issues connected to RE, prayer, collective worship, church services and spirituality.
- Football Club - Each week involves the development of both player and team skills. Football Club provides pupils with the opportunity to practise individual ball skills, improve fitness, develop self-confidence and gain a greater understanding of football.
- Gymnastics Club - Gymnastics after-school club provides children with a fun and creative environment to stay healthy. It teaches a range of gymnastics skills (i.e. rolling, climbing, jumping), and develop a good understanding of sequencing and performing routines.
- Family Arts and Crafts Club - No prior booking is required for this club - pupils AND their parents simply attend on the advertised day. This club is designed to give parents the opportunity to work with their child in order to learn and practise different craft activities. Free snacks and drinks are provided for pupils and parents.
- Family Board Games Club - No prior booking is required for this club - pupils AND their parents simply attend on the advertised day. This club is designed to give parents the opportunity to play classic games with their child. Free snacks and drinks are provided for pupils and parents.
- Handball Club - An introduction to the quick, dynamic and fun sport of handball, where the aim of the game is to throw the ball into the goal to score!
- Maths Tuition - Targeted support for identified Year 6 pupils.
- Netball / Benchball Club - At netball club, we teach children the fundamentals of Netball, such as ball-handling skills, passing techniques, tactics, and drills, as well as playing small-sided games.
- School Council - The St. Michael's School Council is a formal group of pupils who act as representatives of their classmates in discussing school issues with Mr Hynan, Mr Martin and staff. Our school council provides a meaningful way in which pupils can voice their opinions and have their views taken into account in decisions that impact upon them.
- SPAG Tuition - Targeted support for identified Year 6 pupils.
- Yoga Club - Children learn fun yoga postures, easy breathing techniques, yoga games, relaxation and meditation.
Request a Place at a Club
To sign your child up to a Spring Term club, click here.
All clubs (other than pupil/parent clubs) are limited to 15 children. Spaces will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
St. Michael's is committed to building a ‘culture of safety’ in which the children in our care are protected from abuse, harm and radicalisation. As such, there will be a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) and a qualified first aider available at all times while a club is in session, both before and after school.
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Before and After School Clubs Policy
Click here to access the listed policies.