- For all children at St Michael’s to take part in regular and structured physical activity and enjoy doing so.
- For children to enhance and further their PE skills.
- To embed the importance of regular exercise as an essential part of a healthy lifestyle.
- For the staff to feel confident in teaching high quality PE lessons.
Sport Premium Funding
How we Spent the Money Last Year
- training day for all teachers focusing upon the teaching and learning of gymnastics developing progression through travel, rolling, flight and balance.
- employ sports coaches who organise outdoor games during the lunchtime break with KS1 and KS2 pupils; supports teachers with the delivery of Physical Education lessons in the afternoons and organise outdoor games at the After School Club.
- all teachers and teaching assistants feel more confident teaching gymnastics.
- KS1 and KS2 pupils engage in a wider range of structured sporting activities at lunchtimes because these are organised and led by the sports coaches.
- teachers across the school are supported by the coaches to deliver PE lessons which encourage a higher level of engagement and activity, as a result of the more favourable teacher/pupil ratio.
- After School Club pupils engage in a greater level of structured sporting and physical activities because these are organised and led by the sports coaches.
How Improvements will be Sustained
- continue to provide support to enable teacher's to deliver high quality gymnastics lessons.
- ensure that lessons provided by sports coaches provide high levels of engagement.
How we Intend to Spend the Money this Year
- employ sports coaches who organise outdoor games during the lunchtime break with KS1 and KS2 pupils; support teachers with the delivery of Physical Education lessons in the afternoons and organise games for the After School Club.