Vision and Values
Respect ~ Faith ~ Forgiveness ~ Hard Work
'Excellent education for everyone.'
St Michael’s Church of England Academy is a Christian school for the whole community. We are fully inclusive and welcome children and families of all faiths and none.
We aim to serve local children, parents and the community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. Our Collective Worship follows Christian practices and we identify Christian perspectives where appropriate in the curriculum.
Our central concern is the education of the whole child. This stems from the Christian belief that all people are made in God’s image so all are equally worthy of care and all have a valuable contribution to make to the school and wider community.
Our vision is for an education of the highest quality, achieving good academic outcomes for pupils and producing well-rounded individuals who combine a care for others with a love for learning and an appreciation of the importance of spiritual and physical well-being.
- Create a happy, healthy and thriving school which makes a difference.
- Create a caring and supportive environment where children are encouraged to persevere and to learn from their mistakes.
- Inspire each and every pupil with a love of learning.
- Provide an excellent grounding in reading, writing and maths so that all children are able to apply their skills across the curriculum and in everyday life.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is responsive to individual needs, based on, but not limited by, the National Curriculum.
- Promote a distinctively Christian ethos.
- Root the school in the local community.