Vision and Values
'Excellent education for everyone.'
St Michael’s Church of England School is a Christian school for the whole community. By admitting children on the basis of the proximity of their home to the school, St Michael’s Academy is fully inclusive and welcomes children and families of all faiths and none.
We aim to serve local children, parents and the community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. Our Collective Worship follows Christian practices and we identify Christian perspectives where appropriate in the curriculum. If a parent wishes to exercise their legal right to withdraw their child from Collective Worship we will of course respect that decision but would note that our ethos is central to all that happens at school.
We advise any parent who has a concern in this area to discuss the matter with the Headteacher.
We aim to:
- Create a caring and supportive environment where children are encouraged to persevere and to learn from their mistakes
- Inspire each and every pupil with a love of learning
- provide an excellent grounding in reading, writing and maths so that all children are able to apply their skills across the curriculum and in everyday life
- provide a broad and balanced curriculum which is responsive to individual needs, based on, but not limited by, the National Curriculum
- promote a distinctively Christian ethos
- root the school in the local community.
Our central concern is the education of the whole child. This stems from the Christian belief that all people are made in God’s image so all are equally worthy of care and all have a valuable contribution to make to the school and wider community.
Our vision is for an education of the highest quality, achieving good academic outcomes for pupils and producing well-rounded individuals who combine a care for others with a love for learning and an appreciation of the importance of spiritual and physical well-being.
We base our policies and procedures on our core values of:
Faith, Hard work, Respect and Forgiveness.
Our Values and Ethos
Alongside the national curriculum we provide a rich and varied learning program which prepares children very well for life in secondary school and later life. We teach the children about life skills, equality and diversity and give many opportunities for lifetime memories including a range of off-site visits and longer residential experiences. We instill a set of core values; faith, respect, hard work and forgiveness and a motivation to learn that is remembered long after the children have left.
- Hard Work